Why is my payment on hold?
PayPal may hold your funds for up to 21 days if your account is new or you don't have sufficient transaction history.
When payments are on hold, the money sits in your PayPal account but is unable to be accessed. PayPal releases funds as soon as they know the order has been completed without issue. In most cases, you should ship the dress to the buyer straight away.
There should be more information about the release date, and confirmation if you should ship your dress on the transaction details page in PayPal.
Why are funds temporarily unavailable?
Reserves, limitations, and payment holds may occur for a variety of reasons:
- You're a first-time seller
- You haven't sold in a while
- There have been a few refunds, disputes, or chargebacks
- Your selling pattern appears unusual or changes
- You're selling higher risk items
- We're waiting on funds from the buyer
How can you access your money sooner?
Assuming there are no issues with the order, you may be able to expedite the release of temporarily unavailable funds sooner than the scheduled 21 days. Try the following actions to release funds within 1 day.
- Add tracking information - Enter the tracking number provided by one of our supported carriers on the transaction details page.
- Buyer confirmation - Ask your buyers to confirm, in their PayPal account, that they’ve received their purchase as expected.
Supported tracking carriers
Australia Post, Australia Post Express Platinum, Australia Post eParcel, Australia Post EMS, Star Track Express, Fastway Couriers, DHL, UPS, FedEx, TNT, Toll IPEC, Ads One, Bonds Couriers, Couriers Please, DTDC, Hunter Express, Sendle, and Skynet.
If you are having trouble understanding why your payment is pending, please reach out to PayPal directly as they have complete visibility over your payment.