Shipping from Australia

How do I purchase a dress in Australia and get it here to the United States?

2 Responses

Hey Kim,

Your seller will need to organise shipping for you with tracking and insurance including purchasing the box for it to be sent off in. Buyers are to pay for all shipping costs which is why sellers need to provide them with a quote. The choice of carrier is the sellers choice as they are the one shipping the dress. For recommended carriers, your seller can click "Calculate Shipping" at the bottom of your conversation within the chat with you. Popular shipping services in Australia are Australia Post and FedEx. Regardless of which carrier the seller picks to use it has to have an available shipping service that includes door to door tracking, signature on delivery and insurance for the sale value. Sellers must organise insurance for the sale value of the dress as if it is on the rare case lost in transit both the seller and buyer are at a loss. The best way to get a quote is for them to go online or call the carrier and speak to them on how to ship the dress using their services.

When they have the shipping quote for the dress they will need to add in a buy now button to your chat for the buyer to process payment via Paypal. Paypal is the fastest, safest and quickest way to get paid and buy while shopping online. Stillwhite prefers PayPal due to their Protection Policies which is why we have it integrated into our chat system. When adding a Buy Now button into the chat they will need to enter the email address of their already registered PayPal account. This does not have to match the email address registered to their Stillwhite account it just needs to be a registered Paypal account email address, If the seller or buyer do not have a registered Paypal account yet, you will both need to create a Paypal account via there website BEFORE adding in a buy now button and payment can be processed. Once payment is marked as complete in your chat the seller will have 4 business days to send off the dress to the buyer.

Please note:
Import duty and taxes may be due when buying a dress from another country, even on second-hand items or items marked as gifts. In addition to duty, imports may be subject to other taxes and charges such as sales tax and a Customs Service Fee. Please see our help topic here:​​www.stillwhite.com/help/import-duty-and-taxes​​​

For further information please contact Paypal and your country's custom's centre.

Thank You. You've been very helpful.

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
I had my dress listed elsewhere but definitely got the most activity from my listing on Stillwhite which resulted in my dress selling quite fast. Everything was easy and straight forward even the payment process at the end which I was a bit nervous about considering I have never sold anything to someone who lives overseas.
More
seller
Casey
2 weeks ago
Easy site to use, came up as my first result when searching for the brand and the name of the dress. I just saved 900£ Yeah!
More
buyer
Anne, Leamington Spa
2 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com