Selling to overseas buyer

Hi guys, I am currently in the process of selling my dress on Still White. I have a buyer from overseas. They have made a payment on hold through Paypal and the payment isn't released until I send the dress. I haven't sent any items overseas before and I haven't used Paypal enough to know the ins and outs. I just want to make sure that I am being protected also and that if I do go ahead and send the dress that the buyer cannot just retract payment.
What should I do in this case?

1 Response

Hey Ashlee, Thanks for your question!

Stillwhite only recommends Paypal for your transaction as it is the safest, fastest and quickest way to buy and sell online and also has a buyer protection policy: www.stillwhite.com/guarantee which is why we have Paypal integrated into our chat system.

Once payment is marked complete in your chat with your buyer, you as a seller have 4 business days to send off your dress to your buyer as per our seller agreement: www.stillwhite.com/help/seller-agreement
PayPal may hold your funds for up to 21 days if your account is new or you don't have sufficient transaction history. There should be more information about the actual date in the transaction details page in PayPal.
Please ask the buyer if there is an option in her PayPal account to confirm the purchase went smoothly, and the funds may be released quicker.

It's extremely important to only send the dress with insurance + tracking this way if on the rare occasion the buyer claims they didn't receive the dress you have proof that they did which will also be submitted to PayPal.

Sellers are protected through PayPal's Seller Protection program. The following is directly from the PayPal website:
---
If your buyer files a reversal, claim or chargeback against you due to unauthorised transactions or for items not received, PayPal will reimburse the full amount of your eligible transaction and waive the chargeback fee if applicable.
PayPal Seller Protection is provided to our sellers with no additional signup or cost. Your eligible transactions are safeguarded with Seller Protection when your buyer raises claims, chargebacks or reversals for the following problems:
- Unauthorised transaction: Buyer claims that they didn’t authorise the purchase, they didn’t make the purchase, or they were victims of identity or credit card theft.
- Item not received: Buyer claims to have never received the goods they purchased.

If however, your Buyer opens up a Paypal dispute, Paypal will investigate and make the final decision in the case. Your buyer can only open a Paypal dispute if the dress arrives significantly different to the listings description, damaged, counterfeit or doesn't arrive at all, PayPal Buyer Protection can protect them full purchase price plus shipping costs. If Paypal sides with the buyer, they will have to send you back the dress at their own cost and you will inspect the gown to see if its still in good condition and then mark it on your end as received,only then will Paypal will then only refund the buyer.

For more information please visit our help topics here:
www.stillwhite.com/guarantee
www.stillwhite.com/help/basic-safety-selling-tips
www.stillwhite.com/help/what-are-the-scams-i-should-watch-out-for-as-a-seller
www.stillwhite.com/help/whats-the-safest-way-to-get-paid

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Brilliant website. Absolutely love the idea of the beautiful dresses getting another chance to shine.
More
buyer
Jenna, Johannesburg
5 days ago
I was apprehensive with the thought of overseas buyers and then I expected a massive response from my delux add and boost with slow interest , but yes I did sell it within 2 months and faith restored. I guess expectations need to be realistic and you only need one person to fall in love with your dress. Would definitely recommend the service.
More
seller
Renata, Randwick
3 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com