Theia Couture Marisol
US$500 • Save 75%
- US$500 Total in USD
I was not particularly impressed with the Theia Marisol on the hanger, but as soon as I put it on I let out this little gasp and knew it was exactly what I wanted to wear for my wedding. The dress is elegant-- it's got classic, clean lines and is made from a flowy yet substantial, soft, and comfortable fabric. It exudes the kind of effortless sophistication I really wanted to project on the big day.
The dress, as you can see, is off-the-shoulder with a layered detail across the bodice as well as (non-visible) boning-- I have big boobs but didn't need to wear a bra because the bodice was very supportive, even with the low-ish back. The back has buttons all the way down the train (with a hidden zipper to the waist.) At the waist the layered detail gives way to a smooth, flowing A-line skirt-- it moved beautifully when I walked and danced. Also! We got married in New Orleans, so at the end of the night I literally marched at the front of a parade down several city blocks, and at no point did I have to worry about the dress moving with me. I wasn't too hot in the dress, either. The fabric did not wrinkle. at all over the course of the night; it responded well to gentle steaming after I unpacked it.
Things to keep in mind:
- The dress has pockets, but it is obvious if you have anything more substantial than tissues in there.
- I had the train removed. The dress currently hits at floor length all the way around if you are 6-feet tall (I was 5'10 in 2-inch shoes.)
- Despite dry cleaning, there is some greying and fraying at the hem and one very small gray stain towards the bottom of the skirt on the front right. If this dress were hemmed another 2 inches all of the hem greying would be removed and then hem would be smooth, but you would still have the little grey stain on the bottom right. I don't think this would be obvious-- the dress folds and flows.
Overall, I felt amazing in this dress, and it was so easy to wear and move in that I could focus on the actual events of the day without worrying about how I was moving or if the dress would get stepped on. If you, too, are looking for clean lines and effortless grace, and you are under 6 feet tall in your shoes, it would bring me joy to know this beautiful dress had a second chance to shine!
- Dress was taken in a bit at the shoulders so it would sit smoothly across the chest.
- Train was removed. This dress is cut even across at the bottom. I am 5'10" and wore 2-inch heels.
- As originally designed, the weight of this dress sits at the shoulder. My seamstress sewed in an elastic band to put the weight at the waist-- I was worried all the weight at the shoulders would lead me to slouch, and as a bonus having the elastic at the waist pulls it in just a bit. If you find you don't like it, the elastic band is easy to remove.
- Condition: Used - Obvious flaws or wear
- Dry Cleaned: Yes
- Color family: Ivory
- Fabric: Crepe
- Year: 2021
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Email verified
- Last active 2 weeks ago
- Response rate 100%
- Response time within a day
Molly is selling this dress at the lowest price on Stillwhite.
Exclusive to Stillwhite
Molly is selling this dress exclusively on Stillwhite, so you won't find it anywhere else.
Always communicate through Stillwhite · To protect yourself, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Stillwhite website or app. Learn more