Reem Acra Olivia or Angel Hair (Style 4015)
US$3,560 • Save 34%
- AU$7,000 Retail price
- -AU$2,400 Discount (34%)
- — Shipping
- AU$4,600 Total (AUD)
NOTE- this style gown is no longer available to purchase retail in Australian stores (!) This gown is now as rare as hens teeth, so if you love it, this may be your only chance.
Gown worn on the red carpet a number of times, most notably by Olivia Wilde.
If you loved this gown on the red carpet, buying a second hand original Reem Acra gown is the perfect way to avoid the large price tag. There are so many copycat designs out there, I promise you they will not fit beautifully and be made with this level of craftsmanship and quality. The beauty of this gown is in the quality and look of the fabric (not shiny and super thin silk) and the attention to detail in the bodice.
• Made in New York.
• Purchased 6 months ago from Anna Da Fonte boutique (Woollahra, Sydney) for AU$7,000.
• Breathtakingly beautiful, crystal and pearl beaded cap sleeves. Don’t be concerned the sleeves will fall off your shoulder, the sleeves and bodice are made to sit still.
• Colour of the silk is in fact natural white, which is really flattering fresh white but not stark - suitable for all skin tones. Fabric is the highest quality super thin silk charmeuse. You cannot buy silk this delicate and this quality in Australia, the fabric is absolutely stunning. The bodice has very light, flexible boning which helps it sit still without restricting breathing or movement at all.
• The gown has a small train, which will float behind you as you walk down the aisle. It is just long enough to look striking but not too long that it will restrict you.
• Made to fit AU size 8-10 (US size 4-6) exact measurements are: bust 88cm (34.5 inch) , waist 67.5cm (26.5 inch), hips 87.5cm (34.4 inch)
• I am also 175cm tall (5'9ft) and I wore 7.5cm heels (3 inch), so I would have been 6ft in heels.
ALTERATIONS - by Anna Da Fonte boutique
• Hemming - barely any material removed when the gown was hemmed, so there will be plenty of material for a second hem to be taken up.
• Bust support and cups were added to give a very natural décolletage - could easily be removed by your seamstress if you desire.
• Invisible strap reinforcing was added to prevent strain on the delicate sleeves.
• Press studs and small ribbon 1cm loops on the train were added so it can be bustled. This is very easy to do, I will show you how.
CONDITION & DRY CLEANING
• Gown is in immaculate condition
• Dry cleaned immediately and boxed at the cost of $500+ at specialist bridal dry cleaners Blue & White Bridal Dry Cleaners (recommended by many boutiques and bridal mags).
Please contact me for any more information.
Note: This gown will be sold in pristine condition to her future bride – if you are not a committed buyer I will hesitate to allow you to try it on.
- Condition: Used
- Dry Cleaned: Yes
- Color family: White
- Fabric: Silk
- Year: 2016
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Email verified
- Last seen 5 weeks ago
- Response rate 97%
- Response time within a few hours
Always communicate through Stillwhite · To protect yourself, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Stillwhite website or app. Learn more
Matthew Christopher$350Size 6 • Save 90%
Vera Wang$2,110Size 4 • Save 77%
Bride & Co$280Size 4 • Save 25%
Renée Leung$770Size 4 • Save 80%
Lisa Ho$230Size 6 • Save 73%
Mariana Hardwick$770Size 6 • Save 82%
Brides By Mancini$280Size 6 • Save 76%
Pronovias$310Size 4 • Save 88%
Cosmobella$310Size 4 • Save 83%
Allure Bridals$430Size 4 • Save 74%
Ball Gown$230Size 6 • Save 88%
Velani$460Size 4 • Save 90%
Martina Liana$390Size 4 • Save 83%
Monique Lhuillier$390Size 4 • Save 91%
Swish Bridal Design$270Size 4 • Save 92%
Swish Bridal Design$230Size 4 • Save 93%
Ronald Joyce$770Size 4 • Save 57%
Pronovias$1,010Size 6 • Save 65%
Hanna Couture$2,320Size 4 • Save 57%
Steven Khalil$1,930Size 4 • Save 78%
Mama And Misse$220Size 4 • Save 65%
Barbra Calabro$620Size 6 • Save 69%
Angeline$50Size 6 • Save 77%