Buying dress from U.K. in America

Does anyone know the specific taxes or fees associated with purchasing a dress from a seller in the U.K. and importing to the U.S.?

1 Response

Hey C, Import duty and taxes may be due when buying a dress from another country, even on second-hand items or items marked as gifts. In addition to duty, imports may be subject to other taxes and charges such as sales tax and a Customs Service Fee.

Import tax and duties get decided at your country's customs department when the dress arrives into your country first, the customs department will then decide if there is an import tax to be charged to you and will send you a notice for you to pay within a certain timeframe. Hoping one of our #stillwhitebride's can help you with a rough figure amount as Stillwhite cannot give an exact amount on how much import taxes and customs charges will be as each country's fee structure is different and changes case by case, which means no amount can be predetermined before purchasing your dress.

​For further information on roughly how much you should expect to pay please contact your country's custom's centre and you may also refer to Postage and taxes section at www.stillwhite.com/help/buyer-agreement

Please Note: refusing to pay import duty or taxes could result in loss of payment and the dress.

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
First time using this site, it's very easy to navigate. I can't wait to see the dress I ordered!
More
buyer
Adacelis
1 week ago
So easy to upload information and made selling my wedding dress super easy. :)
More
seller
Anonymous Seller
3 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com