Alterations

Could anyone give me an idea as to what the usual cost of wedding dress alterations? I would just like an idea of how much it will cost after I purchased my gown. Also any tips anyone has on gown shopping stress, I don't have anyone else helping me do this all I have is my fiance giving his opinion on the gowns I like which so far has been well you can imagine! Any help at all really

5 Responses

Hi, alterations vary so so much in cost but the lady from the shop we used cost about £50 .
Don't stress about it alone .what sort of style are you after?have you tried any on yet?

I've tried on many, and I like varied styles, the problem was no salons near me have anything in my size, outta hard to imagine buying a dress that way - finding one close to/ or my exact size seems like less likelihood for alterations(many)

What size are you Lauren?

Have faith you will find something. I'm only 5ft, size 8 but bug boobs and u thought would never find a dress but certain styles just worked and if you go to a good dress makers they can do wonders x

Hello! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I'm sure you will find a dress that is the perfect fit with no alterations needed. Write down at least 3 stores that you can visit on your own and try on dresses.
I actually went alone to find my dress it was less stressful and after I selected the dress I invited my entourage!
Best Wishes!

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Absolutely amazing service, via this website. I saved so much money on my dress!
More
buyer
Kelsey,
2 days ago
Still white was so easy to use! I found the dress I was looking for right away and communicating with the dress owner was very easy and we are on other sides of the world. The platform and convenience of everything was great!
More
buyer
Amy,
1 week ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com