PayPal "Things don't appear to be working at the moment"

When I click on the 'buy now' button I am getting the following paypal error: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment" Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

4 Responses

Hi Kelsie,

​This a common issue that tends to happen sometimes, occasionally PayPal will block a payment due to the size of the transaction, especially if the buyer or sellers PayPal accounts has been set up recently. ​

To resolve this issue, try the following options:

1) Use a different browser or device
2) Wait several hours (up to 12) before re-trying payment
3) Contact PayPal support and ask them to allow your payment (as stillwhite simply links you to Paypal's website and the link is working correctly this is an issue on Paypal's system.)

A final option is to ask your seller to send you an invoice directly using the Request Money feature through PayPal. The same PayPal buyer protection applies.

I have tried all of these things and keep getting the same error message. I have spoken to multiple people in paypal and they do not know what the issue is. Many say it is the seller's account not disabling encrypted payments. I am just trying to buy my wedding dress, what am I supposed to do?

Attention Sellers: this problem is due to a setting in the seller's business paypal account. Please look at the article below for how to disable the "Block encrypted website payment" in your account so that buyers are able to purchase the dress through the BuyNow button.
https://help.optimizepress.com/article/2023-error-things-dont-appear-to-be-working-at-the-moment-paypal

Hey Alison, Thankyou so much for bringing this article link to our attention! We have now taken this information on board and have created our own help topic in regards to this issue: www.stillwhite.com/help/paypal-errors

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
A fantastic service that is safe and easy to use! I doubt I’d have sold my dress if this site didn’t exist! Thank you!
More
seller
Amy, York
2 weeks ago
This was a very affordable and easy process for selling my wedding dress!
More
seller
Nicole, Saint Louis
3 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com