PayPal Checkout

Hi,
I am trying to make a purchase, and having some issues. I am able to click on the "Buy Now" button and fill out my information. However, it continually is not allowing me to continue past this. I have spoken with my bank, who say this is not the issue, but that it is PayPal.
So, I spoke with them, and they said they can't authorize such a large payment since I have not used PayPal in the past. Is there another way to purchase this dress and still have the same protection that PayPal offers? I am in the US and am purchasing a dress from New Zealand, so I need to make sure that I am protected.

11 Responses

Hi Elizabeth,

If Paypal is not an option, you may investigate using: www.escrow.com
For more information on their protection policies please visit their website.

Please note that Stillwhite's service is not integrated with www.escrow.com

I am having the same issue! Did this get resolved?

I have tried EVERYTHING, and it is not working. Ive emailed StillWhite and spoke on the phone several times with PayPal, and it just isn't letting me do anything. I even called my bank and they said there is no problem on their end. So if you can figure this out, let me know! lol

Will do, I am having the same exact issue with a New Zealand merchant! We stayed on the phone with PayPal for 2 hours almost. A PayPal manager suggested we try again in 24 hours. Trying it multiple times has heightened the security, so maybe tomorrow!

I have tried that multiple times. I've tried using different card numbers, different devices, checking out through a friend's PayPal, through mine, as a guest. It's so frustrating. Like why let us use PayPal if it is going to flag large transactions? Most dresses on this site are over 1500

Hi Elizabeth, Stillwhite integrates with Paypal due to their Protection policies, it is the safest way to purchase and sell online worldwide. www.stillwhite.com/guarantee

As Stillwhite does not take any commissions from sales all payment problems that may arise while using Paypal are issues within Paypal's system.

Contacting Paypal directly in regards to your own account with them is the best way going forward into finding out why payment may not be going through or being received, as sometimes Paypal just need some additional steps for verification of your account connecting either with your bank account or credit card.

I’ve had the SAME problem!! Such a bummer! I’ve tried everything, but can’t figure it out. Are there any other reputable international money transferring apps that we could use?

Hi Kate,

If Paypal is not an option, you may investigate using: www.escrow.com
For more information on their protection policies please visit their website.

Please note that Stillwhite's service is not integrated with www.escrow.com

I’m having the same issue! Anyone have any luck figuring out the issue. PayPal has said they will not approve it because of the amount of the dress. Does anyone know of any other options?

Hi Ericka, PayPal sometimes will block a payment due to the size of the transaction, especially if the buyer or sellers PayPal accounts has been set up recently.

You can try:
1) Use a different browser or device
2) Wait several hours (up to 12) before re-trying payment
3) Contact PayPal support directly and ask them to allow your payment
4) Ask the seller to send you an invoice directly using the Request Money feature through PayPal. The same PayPal buyer protection applies.

If Paypal is still not working If you may investigate looking into using: www.escrow.com instead. For more information on their protection policies please visit their website. Please note that Stillwhite's service is not integrated with www.escrow.com

I tried literally everything. I even called venmo and tried to work with them. The only thing that worked was I just asked a friend who uses PayPal all the time to make the purchase. I sent my friend money on venmo, and then once that money got in his account, he just started a new convo with the seller, and she dropped him the buy button, and used his PayPal to guy it. So I had to totally make it separate from my account. I hope this helps.

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Site was brilliant. I got my dress for more than half the price it should of been!
More
buyer
Lisa, St Albans
1 week ago
I had such a positive experience selling my dress with Stillwhite! I would definitely recommend to a friend:)
More
seller
Alana, Toronto
4 days ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com