Shipping a dress from Canada

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any experience on the best way to ship your dress (assuming someone buys it through this site) from Canada? For the record, my dress is a big poofy ballgown, and I guess my concern is that I'm going to need HUGE box in order to ship it and the shipping costs will be very high! I know that the buyer is supposed to pay for the shipping, but I don't really understand how you can estimate the shipping cost for them before you have already packaged it up and shipped it, and I would hate for the buyer to be super excited about buying my dress and then have to deal with a ton of extra shipping costs!

TIA!

1 Response

Hi Stephanie

Parcels are charged by weight, or cubic weight, whichever is greater. Cubic weight is measured using the size of the box, so even if the dress is light you will be charged a fortune for a huge box.

For tips on how to determine the price for shipping, please see our guide at www.stillwhite.com/blog/cost-to-ship-a-wedding-dress

We've also compiled our best tips for actually packaging the dress at www.stillwhite.com/blog/how-to-ship-a-wedding-dress

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Loved Still White! I went to a few bridal shops to find a dress that I was happy with and jumped onto Still White to see if any were available in my size. I lucked out. The dress I found was worn by a woman who was the same height as me and size, so it had already been altered to my height. I contacted her through Still White and she responded immediately each time and we arranged a time to meet and try the dress on. I was delighted when I met her and we hugged! She understood how buying a dress is such a big decision because you're throwing down so much money in one hit. The dress fit like a glove! I paid then and there and took my dress home. She pointed out the small faults, but I could not even see them and the dress practically looked brand new after only being worn once. I was so pleased with the service and am very thankful to Still White for having such a sustainable service that helps women buy their wedding dresses at a fraction of the price. Not only is it better for the environment, but better for the pocket! Loved that I could take the dress home immediately and not have to wait for it to be made or have a rush order done. So instantaneous and fuss free, the way it should be. Thank you so much Still White!
More
buyer
Amy, Sydney
1 day ago
Your site is a lifesaver. So many beautiful dresses - the hardest thing was choosing a dress. Your site was very user friendly.
More
buyer
Simone, Yandina
3 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com