Sellers Deceiving

I never ever post complaints but I am just an emotional mess and I have to get this out! I purchased a dress 2 months ago on this website and I am very distraught with the condition. The seller did say there was some "minor fading" and it needed to be cleaned but she failed to mention all the holes and damage.

I was finally able to bring it to a tailor for assessment for repairs to the tears and rips in one of the bustles and in the bodice. But we found some bigger problems when going through layer by layer. Part of the dress is being held together by a large safety pin! The wear around the arms is quite distressing and threadbare and many of the lace appliques are falling off and the zipper will not zip anymore. He said I paid way too much for the dress. It was almost as if it had been worn multiple times, as a rental not just by one person for an event. I brought these issues up to the seller and she claims that she adequately represented the condition of the dress. Why on earth would you not tell your customer that the gown is being held together by safety pins??!

I realize that I should have addressed the situation in the time window right away and its too late to do anything now. Just a warning, if its too good to be true, it is and sellers may not be upfront about the condition.

1 Response

Hi Liz

Although we recommend raising any issues with the seller within 48 hours of receiving the dress, PayPal's Buyer Protection allows you to raise a dispute up to 180 days after purchase. For steps on how to raise a dispute see www.stillwhite.com/guarantee

Regards
Bruno

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Brilliant website. Absolutely love the idea of the beautiful dresses getting another chance to shine.
More
buyer
Jenna, Johannesburg
5 days ago
What an amazing experience. I have been so torn about purchasing my dress online, but the vendor (Tali) reassured me and worked with me until my mind was at ease about MY wedding dress. I found what I dreamt of and it wasn't in a store anywhere near me! I am so excited about my wedding day now!!!
More
buyer
Shellie, Myrtle Beach
3 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com