Deposits to hold the dress

Hi, I've got someone wanting to buy my dress but can't afford it yet. Is it possible to accept a holding deposit down for the dress through this site? I can only see a buy now option. Any help would be great thanks x

2 Responses

Hey Lotti, We strongly don't recommend accepting deposits, instalments or other partial payments for your dress. As there's a major increased risk of the buyer changing their mind mid-way through the agreement and there may be significant delays in additional payments and this could result in you having to return the money and having lost weeks of potential advertising time.

Our system isn't designed for multi-payments. We suggest adding a Buy Now button for the total price to your conversation, and ask the buyer to come back and complete payment when they are ready. If the dress sells in the meantime, your Buy Now buttons automatically expire.

For more information on Deposits, instalments and partial payments please see our help topic here:
www.stillwhite.com/help/deposits-instalments-and-partial-payments
www.stillwhite.com/help/whats-the-safest-way-to-get-paid
www.stillwhite.com/help/what-are-the-scams-i-should-watch-out-for-as-a-seller
www.stillwhite.com/help/adding-buy-now-buttons
www.stillwhite.com/help/basic-safety-selling-tips

Thank you that is great advice! x

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Very intuitive and straight forward. Whole process was completely stress free, thank you!
More
seller
Alicia, Farnham
2 weeks ago
Amazing platform to sell your beloved wedding dress!
More
seller
Kaley, Seal Beach
2 weeks ago
Good news, Stillwhite is available in your country. Switch to www.stillwhite.com