Reem Acra Olivia/ Angel Hair
US$1,890 • Save 67%
- £4,500 Retail price
- -£3,000 Discount (67%)
- — Shipping
- £1,500 Total
This is the 'Olivia' or 'Angel Hair' gown by Reem Acra, as worn by celebrities including Olivia Wilde, Jessica Szohr and Julie Bowen. It's in high demand as it's almost impossible to get in this country, it is currently only sold in New York. The sweetheart neckline and slightly off shoulder embroidered cap sleeves make it very unique as a wedding dress and the shape is very flattering.
The gown is created with layers of super soft pale ivory silk charmeuse. It gives it an elegant drape and fullness while remaining soft, light and fluid - making it extremely comfortable to wear and very flattering. The cap sleeves consist of diamante and pearl beads that are stunning when they catch the light. The bodice has light boning, twists and pleats that slim and flatter the waist as it flows into the beautiful multi-layered skirt. There is a pleated silk waistband with additional diamante applique added (see below). It has a small train and I have added a bustle up so this can be lifted in the evening.
I had not long had a baby when I got married and I wasn't feeling confident about my figure, I also hadn't had time to work out. But the dress is super flattering - it pulls in at the waist, gives great support at the bust and the drape of the silk skirt is slimming and elongating. The cap sleeves also made my less-than-toned arms look slimmer. I'm short and quite curvy, but this dress also looks absolutely stunning on more petite ladies with smaller busts (see Olivia Wilde).
Fabric: 100% Silk charmeuse
Hidden back zip
Made in the USA
£6,000 new from Browns, I paid £4500 as it wasn't custom made, I then had it altered at the Alterations Boutique in London.
I'm selling for £1500 as there are minor flaws and it will need alterations. It's a bargain if I do say so myself haha. I've set the price low because I'm moving house soon and would prefer the dress go to it's loving new owners before I do :)
The dress comes with two Brown's Brides protective bag and a box with acid-free tissue paper.
My measurements are UK size 10. Bust 34DD, waist 27 inches, hips 35 inches. Measurements aren't that relevant due to the style of the dress it would fit a lot of different sizes with some minor adjustments.
I'm 5ft 1 and wore it with 4 and a half inch heels. So this could fit someone a bit taller if they wore lower shoes, or someone 5ft 5 if they wore flats.
I bought this dress in March 2017 and wore it at my wedding in May, I believe it was made in 2015 (it was a gown that was already available but wasn't a sample and hadn't been worn). There have been various alterations and some flaws (please see below). Please try this gown, or similar, elsewhere, as I would rather not have people try it on - it has been perfectly dry cleaned and packaged so I would prefer to give to someone as it is rather than take it out of the box and risk creasing it when re-packaging.
I'm based in Essex but i'm often in London so could give it to someone in person to save on shipping costs, or i'm happy to post it with special courier though this will cost extra. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
I had this dress altered at the Alterations Boutique in Westminster in London. I would recommend the new owner go there too as they are fantastic and can work miracles - pretty much any issue with the dress can be changed or fixed with the exception of being made bigger, it has already been let out slightly at the seams so there isn't enough fabric to make it larger. It can, however, be made smaller without any issues. Here is a list of the alterations I had done;
- Length was altered as mentioned above. I'm 5ft 1 and wore 4.5 inch heels. The train was left as is but this can be removed if you prefer not to have a train.
- The seams of the bodice were let out slightly as it was just a little bit too small for me (i'm a UK size 10). The change to the seams is undetectable.
- I had bust cups added. They aren't padded so are just for support. These can be changed to a different size or removed altogether.
- I had a bustle added. This consists of a few tiny buttons and loops in the fabric of the skirt so the train can be lifted in the evening. These can be removed if you wish.
- I added a diamante applique to the middle of the belt to increase the illusion of nipping in at the waist. This can be removed or changed to a different one quite easily.
- The sleeves were attached very delicately and I was concerned they would tear so I had them slightly reinforced at the point where they join the dress.
- The dress has been dry-cleaned at Terrington Burchett, one of the best specialist wedding dress dry cleaners in the UK.
I wore the dress for the day and evening, including dancing in it so there is various little bits of damage (no more than would be expected of any second-hand dress). All issues are minor - either fixable or unnoticeable. I asked the dry cleaners to confirm the condition and they said for a worn dress they would class it as 'excellent'. I have listed all of the flaws below and have reflected them in the price.
- Some loose threads and a few beads missing on the sleeves and belt. The Alterations Boutique said this is easily fixable so I assume other alterations companies will be able to fix them too. I can provide spare diamantes for the belt to replace the missing one or, as mentioned above, you could replace or remove the applique altogether.
- A few pulls and loose threads on the dress and skirt as a whole. This is inevitable due to the delicate nature of the fabric, but all are fixable and barely noticeable.
- There is a small hole on the skirt near the back seam. Unnoticeable due to the many layers of fabric and, at the risk of repeating myself, fixable :)
- Dry cleaning didn't manage to get all of the marks and stains out of the hem of the skirt. These aren't noticeable because of the many layers of fabric and to be honest any dress has marks on within minutes of wearing it outside anyway :)
I think i've covered everything in terms of flaws but I apologise if i've missed anything. On the whole this is a fantastic condition dress that will be near perfect once alterations and repairs are done. It's unique and flattering and beautiful, i'll be sad to see it go but would rather it make another bride as happy as it made me!
- Condition: Used
- Dry Cleaned: Yes
- Color family: Ivory
- Fabric: Silk
- Year: 2015
- London, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Email verified
- Last seen 4 weeks ago
- Response rate 100%
- Response time within an hour
Always communicate through Stillwhite · To protect yourself, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Stillwhite website or app. Learn more
Reem Acra$520Size 6 • Save 86%
Reem Acra$1,410Size 8 • Save 79%
Reem Acra$1,260Size 8 • Save 82%
Reem Acra$321Size 8 • Save 94%
Susan Ogg$770Size 6
Mariana Hardwick$1,040Size 8 • Save 79%
Anna Campbell$560Size 6
Mariana Hardwick$2,300Size 8 • Save 47%
Grace Loves Lace$830Size 6 • Save 43%
Allure Bridals$300Size 8 • Save 81%
Stella York$660Size 6 • Save 52%
Karen Willis Holmes$1,570Size 8 • Save 47%
Maggie Sottero$580Size 6 • Save 63%
Melissa Diaz$700Size 6 • Save 71%
Pronovias$870Size 8 • Save 67%
Aire Barcelona$1,020Size 6 • Save 58%
Theia$900Size 8 • Save 59%
Made With Love$630Size 8 • Save 31%
Alin Le' Kal$13,910Size 6 • Save 64%
Mia Mia Bridal$580Size 6 • Save 70%
San Patrick$770Size 6 • Save 50%
Caroline Castigliano$630Size 6
Karen Willis Holmes$1,040Size 8 • Save 75%
Essense of Australia$910Size 8 • Save 70%