Raylene sold her wedding dress on Stillwhite
Viewed 265 times and sold for US$675 within 2 weeks
Tadashi Shoji Dawson Gown (Size 00)
US$625 • Save 37%
- US$625 Total in USD
I fell in love with the Tadashi Shoji Dawson Gown and received so many compliments about how unique it was on my wedding day. I was searching for a non-traditional dress and this dress was the perfect mix of minimalist, vintage, and sexy.
This dress is perfect for a petite bride. I had the size 00 altered to fit my small frame (5'3 with heels; 105lbs). The fabric is stretchy ivory crepe (so comfortable!) and the style/cut is very forgiving with its knotted detail around the waist. There is slight padding in the shoulders that give it a tailored but elegant look. I used garment tape to hold the deep-v front in place and it worked well.
I had the dress professionally dry-cleaned after wearing it. There is a small bit of discoloration/staining at the front bottom hem of the dress, but imagine it could be removed with some spot cleaner.
DESCRIPTION FROM BHLDN WEBSITE:
Style No. 61708632; Color Code: 011
A dramatic twist detail adds texture to this minimalist gown in stretch crepe. Long, fitted sleeves and a plunging neckline complete the look.
- Back zip
- Polyester, spandex; polyester lining
- We recommend pairing this gown with a veil in ivory
- Fitted throughout
- Not bra friendly; additional bust support can be added by an expert bridal tailor
I worked with a professional wedding dress tailor to:
- shorten sleeves to 3/4 length
- take in excess fabric around waist and hips with updated back darts (look identical to the original, but enhance my petite figure)
- removed longer train; The dress was still floor length and very elegant (see photos) but very easy to walk and dance throughout the day/night. The inner lining was made slightly shorter than the dress as recommended by the tailor
- alterations cost me $600 USD
- Condition: Used - No flaws or wear
- Dry Cleaned: Yes
- Color family: Ivory
- Fabric: Crepe
- Year: 2022
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Email verified
- Last active 3 days ago
Raylene is selling this dress at the lowest price on Stillwhite.
Always communicate through Stillwhite · To protect yourself, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Stillwhite website or app. Learn more